- Benefits and Uses:
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Promotes oral health
- Helps alleviate sore muscles and joints
- Long used to flavor food and for its internal health benefits
- Known to clear past emotions and trauma
- Encourages self-acceptance or self-confidence, sexual expression, and healthy boundaries
- Related to our lower Chakras - Root and Sacral
- It also correlates to our sense of safety and security, and helps us to process through control, vulnerability, and insecurity in relationships.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is also effective in countering viral infections and gives sound protection from cough & cold, influenza and other viral diseases. Emotionally Cinnamon Leaf brings up angry feelings to be cleared and allow for a fuller love experience. Cinnamon Leaf is not recommended for lactating mothers as it can reduce her production of milk.
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
Plant Part: Leaves
Origin: Sri Lanka
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A brownish yellow to dark liquid with a medium consistency.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of medium aroma, it has a warm, spicy scent between that of clove and cinnamon, but with herbaceous notes that are not sweet. Customers seeking the smell of the cinnamon spice should purchase Cinnamon Bark.
Blends With: Clove, Lavender, Cedarwood, Orange, Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Rosemary, Thyme.
Product Abstract: Cinnamomum verum originates from Sri Lanka. It is a tropical evergreen tree of the laurel family growing up to 15 m (45 feet) in the wild. The tree has a very thin smooth bark, with a light yellowish brown color and a highly fragrant odor. Its pleasant scent has lead it to be a perfect addition to creams, lotions and soaps.
Cautions: Dilute well before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes and mucous membranes should be avoided. This has phototoxic properties and exposure to the sun must be avoided after application to the skin.